On Thursday, Shares of Express Scripts Holding Company (NASDAQ: ESRX) showed no change to $92.33.
Express Scripts Holding Company (ESRX) declared consolidated 2018 third quarter net income of $1,071.60M or $1.89 per diluted share. Consolidated 2018 third quarter adjusted earnings per diluted share were $2.43, which represents growth of 28% over consolidated 2017 third quarter adjusted earnings per diluted share.
Core Business Third Quarter 2018 Review:
During the third quarter, the Company generated $1,394.20M in core business adjusted EBITDA, representing growth of 4.1% over the comparable quarter 2017 core business adjusted EBITDA. Growth in the core came from product upsells and supply chain programs, counting the performance of the Company’s SafeguardRx suite of solutions, as well as, contributions from eviCore and Accredo, partially offset by lower claims volume and delays in specialty generic launches.
Consolidated Third Quarter 2018 Review:
The following compares consolidated third quarter 2018 and 2017 operating results:
- Adjusted claims of 334.60M, down 2.6%
- GAAP net income of $1,071.60M, up 27.3%
- GAAP earnings per diluted share of $1.89, up 29.5%
- Adjusted EBITDA of $2,037.70M, up 4.6%
- Adjusted net income of $1,380.70M, up 26.3%. Adjusted earnings per diluted share of $2.43, up 27.9%.
- Net cash flow offered by operating activities of $759.40M, down 60%
ESRX has the market capitalization of $52.45B and its EPS growth ratio for the past five years was 41.20%. The return on assets ratio of the Company was 9.00% while its return on investment ratio stands at 19.00%. Price to sales ratio was 0.52 while 87.30% of the stock was owned by institutional investors.