On Monday, Shares of Dermira, Inc. (NASDAQ: DERM) rose 0.82% to $9.23. The stock recorded $9.01 as its minimum price and hit the max level of $9.49, during its most recent trading session. It traded total volume of 631.11K shares lower than the average volume of 1.08M shares.
Dermira, Inc. (DERM), a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing biotech ingenuity to medical dermatology by delivering differentiated, new therapies to the thousands of patients living with chronic skin conditions, recently stated financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2018.
First Quarter 2018 Financial Results
- For the quarter ended March 31, 2018, Dermira stated a net loss of $59.30M, contrast with a net loss of $29.50M for the same period in 2017.
- Total operating expenses for the quarter ended March 31, 2018 were $57.20M, contrast to $31.20M for the first quarter of 2017. This increase was mainly driven by higher personnel-related and commercial readiness expenses.
- Research and development expenses for the first quarter of 2018 were $25.60M, contrast to $19.90M for the comparable prior-year period. This increase was mainly driven by clinical trial activities for the lebrikizumab and olumacostat glasaretil product candidates and higher personnel-related expenses, offset by a decrease in clinical trial activities for the Cimzia program.
- General and administrative expenses for the first quarter of 2018 were $30.50M, contrast to $11.30M for the comparable prior-year period. This increase was mainly driven by higher personnel-related and commercial readiness expenses.
- As of March 31, 2018, Dermira had cash and investments of $495.80M, and 41.80M common shares outstanding.
DERM has the market capitalization of $438.79M and its EPS growth ratio for the past five years was -52.30%. The return on assets ratio of the Company was -54.40% while its return on investment ratio stands at -70.00%. Price to sales ratio was 115.47 while 98.10% of the stock was owned by institutional investors.