On Friday, Shares of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (NYSE: JEF) showed the bullish trend with a higher momentum of 4.67% to $18.17. The company traded total volume of 1,509,867 shares as contrast to its average volume of 2.65M shares. The company has a market value of $5.72B and about 314.72M shares outstanding.
Jefferies Group LLC, a wholly-owned partner of Jefferies Financial Group Inc. (JEF), recently declared financial results for its fiscal third quarter 2018.
Highlights for the three months ended August 31, 2018:
- Total Net Revenues of $778.0M
- Investment Banking Net Revenues of $452.0M
- Total Equities and Fixed Income Net Revenues of $310.0M
- Earnings Before Income Taxes of $87.0M
- Net Earnings of $60.0M (reflects a 31% tax rate, which includes the impact of certain unusual discrete items related to our non-U.S. auxiliaries planning in respect of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (the “Tax Act”))
Highlights for the nine months ended August 31, 2018:
- Total Net Revenues of $2,421.0M, up 6% as compared to the first nine months of last year, excluding last year’s $93.0M gain on the sale of KCG¹
- Investment Banking Net Revenues of $1,392.0M, up 12% contrast to the same period last year
- Total Equities and Fixed Income Net Revenues of $974.0M
- Earnings Before Income Taxes of $332.0M
- Net Earnings of $97.0M after Provisional Tax Act-related charge of $160.0M, $108.0M of which is non-cash; without this charge, we would have stated Adjusted Net Earnings of $258.0M
The Company offered net profit margin of 16.50% while its gross profit margin was 54.30%. ROE was recorded as 11.20% while beta factor was 1.21. The stock, as of recent close, has shown the weekly upbeat performance of 4.25% which was maintained at 4.67% in this year.